Inspired to act- Tips on social media!
Posted: February 26, 2012 15:40 by Tracy Anderson
A week on from marketing academy I have been inspired to do the following:
- I have sourced tweetdeck to manage my multiple twitter accounts.
- I have scheduled tweets and changed the content of my tweets this has resulted in lots of retweets and new follwers!
- I have written this blog.
- I have uploaded some videos to the JCI Boston website.
- I have become more aware of others on social media and I have some tips to share with you, some are my own, some are aren't!
P.s I'm no marketing expert!
- Be aware anyone/ anywhere can read your tweets.
- Don't be a egg head, make sure you have a logo or picture on your profile
- Target tweets to when you think your target market will read them
- DON'T feed you tweets through to Facebook and Linkedin. It's annoying, the language especially on Linkedin looks unprofessional
- Pages should be used to share information for all followers, remember people can unlike you!
- If it relevant to just a few i.e just your members -set up a closed group. This year there is a closed group for presidents and it's working well.
- Messages on pages should include the who the messageis from. Ie. - Tracy IPP
- Privacy setting can be changed so people can't tag you in places and photo's- You should have control of this.
Social Media in general
Use Linkedin for business and keep this professional, Facebook for personally stuff (check your privacy settings) and Twitter for in between!
So: Follow JCI Boston on twitter @JCIBoston
Like our page on facebook
and join our group on linkedin!
What's next...... JCI Boston on You tube!?
By submitting a comment to our blog you agree to comply with and be bound by the terms of our Acceptable Use Policy.